Driven by her passion for new technological developments and their effect on business practices, Christine possesses an excellent track record in digital marketing in both full-time and freelance work. Following her MBA, Christine would like to use her combination of business knowledge and past professional experience to propel her future employer’s digital transformation and to help them prepare their organization for the future.
HEC PARIS, PARIS, FRANCE (2016 – 2017)
99th Percentile in GMAT Verbal Reasoning; Forté Foundation Scholarship; HEC MBA Excellence Scholarship
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA (2010 – 2011)
M.A. in Communication Management
Focus: New Technologies & Business
GPA: 4.0/4.0; “Academic Achievement” Award
University of Leicester, United Kingdom (2006 – 2009)
B.Sc. in Communications, Media and Society
Focus: New Media & Societal Change
First Class Honors; graduated 1st in class; “Best Dissertation” Award
Sodexo Services GmbH, Rüsselsheim, Germany (2017 – 2017)
Team Consulting Project Leader
- Leader of Consulting Project Team consisting of 2 classmates and self.
- Conducted a situational analysis of Sodexo GSA’s strategic goal for 2030 (market analysis, definition of competitive set, evaluation of competitive set & of Sodexo against key strategic indicators & against market); identified short- and long-term business opportunities and action recommendations based on analysis.
cosnova GmbH, Sulzbach, Germany
Blogger Relations Manager (2015 – 2016)
- Set up the field of Blogger Relations (BR) & created global BR strategies for all three brands, with local adaptations in 5 key markets; advised on BR in 27 further markets.
- Conceived, planned & coordinated digital marketing campaigns across different brand media, incl. website, social media, blogger relations, and PR.
- Reduced cost-per-contact of BR activities to 10% of industry benchmark.
- Initiated & implemented new online press relations management tool at heart of PR digitalization strategy.
- Managed one student worker.
Junior Social Communication Manager (2013 – 2015)
- Developed international social media strategies for the essence and CATRICE brands in 50 countries & supervised their global implementation; increased global follower number of both brands by 120%.
- Responsible for Blogger Relations for the essence and CATRICE brands in Germany, Switzerland, Austria.
- Managed four student workers.
CWtmc Transmedia Consulting, Bad Soden, Germany (2012 – 2015)
Freelance Transmedia Consultant
- Advised clients from the entertainment industry on creating effective transmedia strategies that combine artistic storytelling and business considerations, such as market sizing, market segmentation, and pricing.
- Co-developed the Augmented Reality (AR) smartphone app “Mauerschau” offering guided AR tours of Berlin.
- Effective uses of transmedia practices (christineweitbrecht.com)
- “Partizipative Kultur: Implikationen für Gesellschaft, Politik und Medien” & “Ultra-Fandom: Über den Umgang mit einem neuen Fan-Typ” (with Zorbach, T.) in New Media Culture: Mediale Phänomene der Netzkultur, transript Verlag. 
- “Experiencing fan activism: Understanding the power of fan activist organizations through members’ narratives“ in ‘Transformative Works and Cultures’, Vol. 10. – with Kligler-Vilenchik, N.; McVeigh-Schultz, J.; Tokuhama, C. 
- Member of TEC (The Executive Committee): Executive mentoring program at HEC
- Board Member of the HEC General Management & Leadership Club
- Interests: Skiing; Ballroom Dancing; Traveling
- German: Native/C2
- English: Fluent/C2
- Spanish: Intermediate/B1
- French: Intermediate/B1.